I’ve been blogging for 3 months today. On August 23rd I sat down for the first time and wrote about the Cheetahs. Here, on November 23rd, as I contemplate the move to the 4-7 Month section on Love New Blogs (that seems rather grown-up!) and wonder whether this was actually a good idea in the first place, I realise that I’ve written well over 50 posts, signed up for NaBloPoMo UK (and made it to day 23!), had over 2100 visits to the blog, shown what’s in my handbag(s), on video and been declared ‘rather mad (but very lovely)’ by Mammasaurus on the BritMums Blog – praise (?) indeed.
Now, Five Go Blogging has told me that my blog is great and that I can have a pretty new badge to add to my sidebar that tells the world just how wonderful it all is. Excellent. However, despite the last week of me bearing my soul to the world I now have to declare 7 secret things about me to you, good reader. Here we go:
- I always peg out washing with matching pegs – I have been known to go out and buy more if there are not sufficient pegs to complete said task. Is this secret or a slight lean to OCD? I will leave that to you to decide.
- I’ve been an ‘expert witness’ in the High Court (equivalent to the Old Bailey) in Belfast, twice.
- Until they changed the manufacturing of the locks, I knew how to break into the cash box of a payphone.
- I used to post the foil wrapping of Easter eggs down the back of my dressing table to make it look like I hadn’t eaten them. Why it didn’t cross my mind that my mother would notice the missing chocolate I don’t know.
- If I wear high heeled shoes my feet break. I haven’t worn ‘proper’ heels for nearly 6 years
- In my first job (in a residential care home) I had to remove poo from a filing cabinet and then trim all the edges of the paperwork that the offending item had stained.
- I don’t like cooked carrots. Especially not tinned ones or those cut with a crinkle thingy.
So there you go – 7 secret things about me. I’m supposed to tag 15 more good people but that’s quite a lot so I will pass it onto three well deserving folk because I think their blogs are great!